Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Beautiful colours....


Hi everyone. The challenge over at thisthursday was really difficult this week.

'Our CHALLENGE is attempt to create something you truly believe is either beautiful or useful. If like the design team you find that something didn't quite hit the mark , we still want to see it. Its about the journey not the destination. '

Ummmm well I don't consider anything I make 'beautiful'... more like chuck it together and pray that it resembles something! So I decided to use colours from out of my garden as personally I don't think there is anything more beautiful than nature itself. And yes I know its another necklace...but its easy to do when I'm stuck in bed!! (Have been banned by hubby from having glue and glitter on our bed!)

Not sure its what the girls were looking for but I suppose my interpretation kind of hits the mark...if you squint after drinking a couple of voddies!! LOL!

Hope everyone is well...I promise I will e-mail you all back soon, get round to thanking every one for their lovely awards...and just making a general nuisance of myself on your blog!

Had quite a few e-mails about the new look of my blog. I'm afraid I'm going to disappoint you with where I got the header from...out of my craft room. Its amazing what you can do with some sticky backed plastic and a toilet roll!! LOL!
Seriously its just made from stuff out of my craft room...would love someone to do a digital one for me so if any of you are that clever please let me know!

Big thanks to Tina for letting my kids eat her out of house and home this weekend...she doesn't know yet but as of tomorrow she is looking after my cats whilst we are on our travels!!

32 comments:

Charlol said...

Fantastic website and necklace. I want instructions on how to use sticky backed plastic and toliet roll cause I am impressed!

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

It's very pretty, Em. And I squinted, and it became even more beautiful! haha ;o)

Hope you have a lovely holiday. Will miss you! Bring me back a stick of rock! ;o)

Luv,
Heather xx

I ♥ cupcakes to distraction said...

Oh it's gorgeous Emma and I think fits the challenge crief to a T. The best of luck with it :) The colours you have chosen for your beads are gorgeous, I love it :)

Debbie said...

Brilliant necklace Emma - i agree with you about nature. :) :)

Your header is good too - have a go at making a digi header yourself by using photos if you are not happy with the present one :) :) But I think it is fine and very good that you actualy made it with items. :) :)

xxDebbiexx

PS Have a good holiday -will miss you old pal. :) :)

Macpurp said...

they didn't quiet eat everything...found an old carrot and a bit of cheese!

have fun while you are away, don't worry about puss cats, they will be fine, and bring me back something nice!!!

I love the necklace BTW, need to show me how you did that one!

lots of love
me xxx

Dawny P said...

It is both beautiful AND useful Em - love it xxxx

Sue Shaw said...

Are there no ends to your talents!!
I think your necklace is lovely, oh no wait...slurp...oh now it's beautiful..hic!
Hope you are enjoying the holidays!
Sue. x

Tracey said...

Hi Emma,
Great new look to your blog, lovin' it. The necklace is beautiful. I hear you are off on your hols, have a fab time.
Tracey x

Lisadwb said...

Emma, there is not one teensy little part of that necklace that is NOT beautiful!! The colors are so rich, and the design is fun. You go girl!!

Unknown said...

Oooh, I am quite mean in photoshop but it wouldn't look as good....
I want instructiosn for making jewellry, I need to make a necklace that will not look like egg cartons, heheheh, ya know what I mean. Take care, spk soon XX

NGCARDS said...

very pretty necklace I adore jewellery like this with these colours you have used =)

Hope you have a nice time on your travels!

xxx

Anonymous said...

Oh wowsers! It is beautiful!! and a necklace is ALWAYS useful ;)
Oh - I love your present header - Don't change it for a shcmigital one!!
Ahah! I see from this post that Tina is nice to YOU!! :) LOL

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

If you want to share my blog candy, you'll have to share my tags as well. Just a wee something for you to do when you get back from your travels! hehe..

HERE

stampandscrap@mail.com said...

Adore the necklace its stunningly beautiful . I love it < I love the colours, they do capture a summer garden
Love your headed keep it its better than a digi one, Its lush
Thanks for taking part in this weeks challenge

Anonymous said...

Lovely necklace! Can't go wrong with nature as your inspiration!!

daisy said...

It's a beautiful necklace :o)

Ana Baird said...

Beautiful and funky necklace. Love it!

Sequin Bead said...

Exceptionally stunning and very aesthetically pleasing necjlace, i love this! fantastic creation x

Becky said...

Wow Emma! I think it's so beautiful!
Love Becky xx

Kath Stewart said...

It's absolutely beautiful Emma - very creative and talented lady - enjoy your hols
kath
xxxx

stampandscrap@mail.com said...

Your necklace has made it to our favs at This thursday . Well done Emma its a beautiful Necklace

I ♥ cupcakes to distraction said...

I hope that you are keeping well Emma :) I haven't seen you around for a couple of days.

Manda said...

Have a brill holiday Em. The necklace is fab! Mand xxx

Donna said...

Oh my goodness Emma, your necklace is absolutly beautiful and your header is fantastic, your a very talented lady, have a great holiday. Take Care Donna x

Debbie said...

Hi - just popped on to say I have blog candy up for grabs if you would like to come along and join in the fun. :) :)

xxDebbiexx

kraftykizzy said...

Wow Emma -Its a beautiful necklace and I definately love the look of your blog and header. I think a digital one wont be a patch on yours. Have a lovely holiday
Hugs
Karen xx

Ruth (ooffee) said...

Aww Em - I LOVE the necklace! The colours are great! As you say, colours from nature are always a great inspiration!
Loving the new look blog!
Enjoy your hols! Will miss you while you are away!
Hugs Ruth x

Kim Costello said...

Beautiful neccklace, love all the colours and beads! Loving your new look blog!
Have a well deserved holiday!
HuGs Kim x

Lainy's Little Blog said...

This is really pretty Em. What a talented lady you are. Love the colours of the beads you have used. Hope you have a fantastic holiday. Hugs, Lainy x

kerry said...

Hi Emma, beautiful necklace!!
Love your blogs new look, & I hope you have a fab time away!
Kerry xxx

nessy said...

this necklace is stunning ~just love it ~i really must have a go at making some jewellery ~i love wearing it!!
have a great holiday
vanessa xx

Jessica Smith said...

I love your header and the necklace is stunning.