Monday, March 17, 2008

Crafters block.....




So to get our creative juices flowing again Gill and I set ourselves a challenge. Both of us had beautiful papers and stamps from http://www.craftyindividuals.co.uk/ so we each made a card to see what different styles and techniques we could come up with.
Gill's is beautiful with soft lilacs, pinks and purples. She used beads and ribbon to add texture and a graduated Versamarker for the stamp. Its so lovely and girlie!
Mine on the other hand is made using deep colours, chipboard, ribbon and acetate. To get the effect with the acetate I first stamped the image in deep red onto my paper. Next I stamped the image again using a black Stazon onto the acetate.
I then put the acetate on top of my paper image and slightly moved it so that you can see the red underneath the black.
The acetate is attached with brads.
We were amazed at how different they had turned out and both wanted each others!! LOL!

0 comments: