Saturday, July 19, 2008

Its a 'bead' world!


The challenge over at thisthursday this week is all about changes. I bought 3 of these tea light holders from M&S about 3 years ago but with all the moving around the green coating had started to peel off. So I scrubbed them clean and then decorated them with twisted wire and beads. Well waste not...want not!! LOL!

This is a bracelet I've made to match a top...

and then Tina made this gorgeous brooch for me this week which matches so well!! I'd admired one she had made when we first met so was over the moon at this present. Thanks hun!

I just wanted to apologise for not being around much at the moment or for getting over to your blogs but have just been so busy with one thing and another this week. I do appreciate you all finding the time though to leave such lovely comments for me to read and for all the very funny e-mails!!
Sending big hugs to everyone in Gibraltar that visits my blog as well...really looking forward to catching up with you all in a couple of weeks.
I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend...I'm off to see what you have been up to!
Hugs,

24 comments:

Macpurp said...

oooh I love what you have made!
need to have a go at making some for candle holders!

and lets put this right,.....
you said "I'd admired one she had made when we first "
you actually tried to pinch the one I had on while I was getting into the car! LOL

very pretty bead work my lovely xx

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

These are lovely! I especially like the tea-light holders. Very pretty, and I'll bet the flame catches the colours of the beads, too. Lovely!

Was wondering where you were.. Thought my Google Reader wasn't working! I'm glad you're OK.. was getting concerned.

Heather xx

Tara said...

Ooooh, you are a very clever lady xx

stampandscrap@mail.com said...

Thanks for taking part in our challenge. What a great tea light. Will be changing some of mine yours looks so expensive

Unknown said...

I gonna roll my eyes, I have nothing in my head for this Thursdays challenge this week...nice one...lovely beads and things...too fiddly for me!
Please let me ave ur addy again....chrissymw45@yahoo.co.uk XXX

Sharon said...

This is lovely you clever thing you !!
Sharon :-)x

Sharon said...

LOL!!! looks like we were both at each others blogs !!! great minds think alike lol!!
hugs
Sharon :-)x

Kim Costello said...

Wow you can put your hand to anything, beautiful beading! sorry haven't been around much, bit busy.

I also lost my blog list (well all my widgets!)
But I was blessed to have done my blog sisters sites as a post so now I will never lose them!
Catch up soon
Kim x

Joana24 said...

looks so glamorous Emma!
wonderful idea for gifts ,

xxx
joana

MeandLilG said...

Wow!! These are beautiful, babes! xx

Cambiel said...

Love what you did with the tealight holder Emma - looks so pretty, and so do the bracelet and brooch! I love the purply green beads.

stampandscrap@mail.com said...

Hi Emma
Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog. However I cannot agree, you are much too modest. All your peices are stunning and certainly show no lack of insiration.
yours tray

Karen Mortensen said...

That's so pretty xx

Susie Little said...

Lovely tealight,
thank you for playing along!
Susie xx

Macpurp said...

hey when dose Karen's new craft shop open?
I can't reply to her message and dont know which one she is on uk stampers...

you ok?

katy said...

Wow,what a clever lady you are!! they are fab!!

Charlol said...

wow love them. very pretty indeed.

Dawn said...

Really lovely - great ideas and love the bracelet

Zuzu's Blog said...

very beautiful!

Cathy said...

Wow - bead making as well - you are one crafty lady! I can't even thread beads for Ellie without dropping half of them or making a dogs dinner of it! LOL.
Hugs
Cathy xx

Becky said...

What a great idea Emma! They look stunning!
Love Becky xx

Helena said...

OOh these are beautiful, and what a clever way to brighten up a dinner table!!!

xxxx

I ♥ cupcakes to distraction said...

Oh gorgeaous Emma. I especially love your bracelet it's gorrrrrrgeous. Love the bead colours you chose :)

Fiona said...

Lovely projects you've made - thanks for joining in with This Thursday