Friday, June 20, 2008

Art Deco and birdies!


I made this one a few days ago but just not got round to putting it on here. It's going to be sent to my friend Bev who is still recovering from major surgery. The papers and stamp are by Imaginisce.

This is the card I made on Tuesday night at Sally's craft shop. Really wasn't overly keen on the images to start with but quite like it now. Just thank God my Mum loves Art Deco!! There is actually embossing around the images but it doesn't show up in the photo which is a shame. I must admit I loved working with the black card and will now use it a lot more.

Well it's been a tough couple of days and I'm just so glad this week is over. Yesterday I had a meeting with SSAFA (Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Families Association) and this morning it was back to the Solicitors and then a mad rush round to the Doctors.
Emotionally I'm feeling and thinking so much more positively but physically I feel like I have been hit by a bus!
But the sun is peeking through the clouds. There's been a light shower of rain and its all smells so fresh. Last night we sat out till late with some friends and watched the bats chasing each other round the garden and the adjoining field. Our little fox popped in to have a look as well. Its the first time we have seen him out at night and he is definitely putting on weight!
So for now, in our little haven in Scotland, all is well.
Lets just hope it lasts.

10 comments:

Cass said...

Gorgeous cards Emma.I really love the Deco images. Hope you're not sulking anymore!...lol
Glad to hear your feeling more positive.
Cass xxx

Charlol said...

Have I missed your last few posts I love the 'If you're having a bad day' fits well today! Also love the cards too. Especially the pink one with the stamped bird.

I ♥ cupcakes to distraction said...

Gorgeous cards as usual Emma :)I'm very glad to hear that you are feeling a little better :)

Sammi said...

These are gorgeous!! You will sure cheer up your friend with that first card! I love the colours you used for the Art Deco one!!
Hope you are able to get rest! and that all remains well in your little haven! :)
*hugs*
Sammi

nessy said...

gorgeous cards!!
have that paper and flower stamp ,was keeping it for a scrapbook page ,like all my other papers!!(how many more can i keep in my cupboard ,without using???)
think your mum will love the black/ladies hats card ~it`s very elegant!!
big hugs, vanessa
monday starts another week!!(just think monkeys/flees~ and you`ll smile!!)

Unknown said...

I love these images, well done on great card and some lovely upbeat postings.I do understand where you are coming from a little bit, it has been SUCH a week, I had a 13 hour day one day this week, sometimes I just got soooo tired. Well done to you, I don't know how you cope with not being so well too....power to you girl :-D Big hugs - ChrissyX

Janet said...

Lovely cards Emma, I like the pink birdie one. Thank you for leaving such lovely comments about my designs.X

Anonymous said...

Really nice cards Emma, very tasteful. I love the first one x

Anonymous said...

very pretty. i love the flapper hats!

Jacqueline said...

Wow, that bird card is very pretty, lovely creation!