Monday, March 17, 2008

Sometimes we are invisible....

I wasn't going to put anything else on today as I've been feeling rough this afternoon but I have to point you in the direction of this website http://www.princesskitten.co.uk/index.html
I asked on the Docrafts forum if any of the bloggers could send me their details...and Pandy sent me her website.
Not only is this woman so flipping talented its scary...she also suffers from the same chronic illness's that I do....Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS and all the other horrible bits that go with this.
May the 12th is Fibromyalgia awareness day so leading up to it I am going to post a few items about it.
You don't have to read them...but living with this on a daily basis is so hard and so little is known about this 'invisible' illness. I spend a lot of my time stuck in bed and for someone who wants to achieve so much its cruel. But if we can get the word out about it and make people understand what it does to us then hopefully more funding will be put into finding a cure for it. We don't want sympathy...we just want to be 'normal'.
But it still won't stop me crafting!! LOL!!!

1 comments:

gillyflower said...

hiya
great blog love the design and colours
great card designs too
i'll keep popping in now i know where you are and feel free to visit me as and when the mood takes you
i can sort of sympathise with your health problems as i suffer with quite severe chronic back and leg pain and have done for about 15 years and it's no fun
but like you i try to do as much as i can when i can but do get very frustrated as can't keep a job down and find it affects every aspect of my life
the only time i don't have much pain is when i'm lying down which is somewhat limiting in what you can do in peace. so it's either suffer the pain or do nothing then rest up to let it calm down again whilst being doped up on painkillers not much fun but could be a lot worse i know so try to make the best of it
anyway i'm rambling on and i only came on to have a look not to moan but i'm not really moaning just trying to say i sort of understand your position
crafting does help even if it is painful to do it as it frees your mind for a while and lifts your spirits doesn't it i am so glad i started playing 3 years ago mind you the bank balance has had a hammering i bet yours has too
so happy crafting keep up the good work and love the blog
bye for now
gill